MTTlab specializes in carrying out and evaluating preclinical tests of novel oncological compounds and medical devices. MTTlab offers small/medium size (up to 500 mice in a single experiment) in vivo studies (toxicology, efficacy, behavioural, disease models, biodistribution) and relevant in vitro studies.
In vivo oncology testing
MTTlab offers following experimental models:
- Metastasis, Leukemia and Lymphoma,
- Orthotopic Experiments upon request (not included in the flat rate package)
- Toxicology Testing DRF in mice.
Please enquire for more extended toxicology studies.
Various in vivo tumor models are available. All in vivo tumor experiments use tumor fragment-based technology or in vivo propagated (i.p.) tumors. Each animal is identified via micro-chip and randomization into experimental groups is performed according to the highest standards.
In standard experiments, 7 to 15 mice are used per test group and each experiment includes a vehicle and selected chemotherapeutic control groups. As per sponsor request, smaller groups and/or more diverse compounds can be tested in a single Study. MTTlab calculates the study cost according to the number of mice and no setup fee is added.
Metabolomics and NMR applied to in vivo studies:
Thank to collaborate with Giotto Biotech Srl, MTTlab offers the following services:
- NMR screening and metabolomics of biological fluids, tissue and food products
- Metabolomic profiling and disease fingerprinting
- Biomarker discovery
- Drug studies (toxicity, mechanism of action, side effect)
- Metabolomic statistical analysis
Molecular pharmacology applied to in vivo studies:
Thanks to collaboration with Vivomicx, MTTlab offers the following services:
- molecular pharmacology of your drug in tissue compartments
- identification and validation of molecular targets
- biomarker identification and validation